Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Updates

It has been a long time since I have sat down to blog, wow. But, such is life, right? I wonder what people did before blogs, internet social networking, and cell phones? It must have been a lonely time in the history of the world.

Well, I got a new job! Hooray! I am now the proud employee of Carmona's Salon and Day Spa. This isn't just any spa, this in an Aveda spa and I will be an Aveda adviser! I know, right?! I am so excited! I have wanted to work at Carmona's ever since I moved to Las Cruces and now it has come to pass. Today was my first day of training and I really enjoyed it! All of the people are super nice and my boss is a believer (I didn't even know that when I gave them my resume!). God has been really nice to me. I am blessed. Want to know the best part? Everyone that works there has to wear all black, so I never have to worry about what to wear in the morning or if my shoes match my outfit!

Charlie is as funny as ever and keeps Chris and I laughing. He has developed a habit of barking at us when we ignore his pleas to play fetch, but other than that, he is generally good (I am using the word "generally" in a very general way). We still like him, so that is pretty nice. I think it would be impossible not to like a being that is as cute and as little as Chuck, so that helps his case. He is pretty smart too! I am proud to report that I have successfully taught Charlie how to sit, lay down, and roll over. I would have taught him more tricks, but I ran out of tricks to teach him...I am not very creative when it comes to teaching a dog a trick.

Chris started playing soccer. I am pleased with this because he really needed a hobby. All he was doing on a daily and weekly basis was going to work, coming home, playing with Charlie, loving me, and then going to bed. I was bored with his daily routine!! As a result of his new found hobby, he mentioned that he would like to get some cleats. I immediately said, "Well, then lets go get some!" He then replied, "I can wait until my birthday" (his birthday is in OCTOBER! I couldn't even wait that long, and the cleats weren't for me!). I had to push him to even think about buying them sooner than months from now. I finally wore him down and he found a KILLER deal on some AWESOME cleats. I am so proud of him! He shopped a super sale and he scored. I like to think that I am rubbing off on him. Clearance is a heavenly word to me!

In true tight-wad form, I have developed a new passion of coupons. Those things are AMAZING! I have been under budget in our grocery category for 2 months in a row now! Couponing is kind of like searching for hidden treasure/shopping the clearance rack at your favorite store; it's just so satisfying. The best part about it is that my friend Tiffany is a couponer too, so we get to share awesome deals and great finds with each other.

Organization is the name of the game these days in the Sheehan household. I have been thinking of new ways to organize every thing! It probably doesn't help that I purchased a Martha Stewart book on getting organized. I have big plans for my kitchen, linen closet and guest room closet. I will post pictures as soon as I get things organized how I want them. I already did a few things in our kitchen, and it is looking a lot better! Now all I have to do is get Chris on the same page.

Chris' younger bother, Tim, and his girlfriend, Alli, came to visit us this past weekend. We had a great time with them! Alli is such a sweet girl. Because we had guests, we needed to show them around Las Cruses. We went to the farmers market, Coas Bookstore, Stahman's, and White Sands. It was a great time! I had fun being the hostess. Here are a few pictures from their visit, compliments of Alli's camera.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been checking for an update! Yay for pics, too. Some good ones . . .and organizing. It seems like that is always the name of the game here. Ah! Big family, small living space. Oh well. All black? Now all those black shoes are a necessity! :) Let's talk coupons next time! :) Love you!