Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Laughter

Laughter is a very powerful thing. I love to laugh. It's my preferred reaction to almost everything...unless it is really sad. If something is awkward, I laugh. If something is adorable, I laugh. If something is funny, obviously, I laugh. I laugh when I am excited, I laugh when I am nervous, I laugh when something weirds me out. Laughter is bonding agent, when you laugh with someone, miraculously, I friendship begins to grow. Laughter is also a wrecking ball. When you laugh at someone, something is broken and whether you know it or not, a piece of someone is injured. Laughter is a powerful thing.

Other than the saving and redemptive power of Jesus Christ, laughter is one of the most important parts of my marriage. I just think that Chris is hilarious! And he thinks that I am, too! We laugh at every thing, crack jokes with each other, remember funny television episodes that we have watched together and try to quote a line (I never get them right, but Chris always has them down verbatim). Sometimes when we are in a heated argument, I get so worked up that I start laughing and then Chris starts laughing and we are able to resolve our conflict. God is so good to us to let us have a sense of humor, even in the midst of a conflict. Laughter is a powerful thing.

I just love to laugh. But mostly, I love to laugh with Chris. He is so funny! Charlie makes me laugh too! Here is a funny picture of my little turd. That can't be comfortable! LOL!

No comments: