Charlie is home, alive and well! We are VERY thankful for your prayer.
As most of you know, Charlie is, what I like to call, a character or... completely crazy! His tenacity is the soul motivator for his everyday life. "I can destroy that tennis ball." "Those bananas look delicious. I will now jump up on to the kitchen counter and devour them." "Hmmm, a baguette, I think I will jump up onto the counter and eat that too!" Now, keep in mind that Charlie has 4 inch legs. This in no small feet. I guess he thought that a pill bottle would be just as delightful as his other conquests. Not so much. But he is fine and that is all that matters, however he did pick up some bad habits while he was away. Just let me tell you!
When I got him home yesterday, he ran around the house to ensure that nothing had changed and that there were no intruders. After securing the premises, he plopped down in my lap and took a long, hard nap. There was sleep running and barking involved, that's how I know he is really out. Finally he opened his eyes and was ready to go! He ran around again, making sure everything was still the same. I gave him his bone AND his ball and he was in a euphoric state for a few minutes and then preceded to alternate chewing on his bone and playing with his ball. During all of this activity, I was doing my normal "day off" activity, cleaning. I bent over and felt two tiny little legs wrap around my calf. I turned around to see Charlie trying to get a little satisfaction on my leg. Great. He hasn't done that since we removed his manhood. I think he was as shocked as I was, and sulked his way away.
Chris got home from work and Charlie did his usual "I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!" routine: jump on and off the chair by the door in an attempt to reach Chris' mouth and lick him, after that doesn't work, run around the dining room table and bark at each corner, then he finishes it off with flinging himself into Chris' lap as soon as Chris sits down and attacking his upper body with licks. It's actually pretty funny. After all of that activity, he takes a nap until I start making dinner. Then he waits patiently for me to drop something off of my cutting board. Last nights dinner was a simple one and didn't take much time. So we were seated and ready to eat within 15 minutes. Chris has a wonderful ritual of getting up and hugging me while he blesses the food (one of my favorite things). Chris was blessed with his father's ability to make meal prayers way too long. There have been times that I stare at my food praying that Chris will stop so that I can put it in my mouth (yes, all of this happening while he is hugging me). While Chris was probably only in the middle of his prayer and thanking God that Charlie was alive and well, I hear what sounds like a cup of water tipping over and pouring out onto the carpet. When you are a dog owner you know too well what that sound is. I look down and witness Charlie peeing on Chris' leg!! I mean full blown, lifting his leg and peeing on Chris! Chris had no idea until I yelled "Oh my Goodness! Charlie is peeing on you!" At that point Charlie is mid pee and looking up at me like "What? I had to go."
Needless to say, I was rendered useless because of my fits of laughter and Chris was trying to discipline Charlie by laughing "No, bad boy! No!" What a way to say thanks. We drop a wad of money on the dog and he pees on his dad. The best part is that while it happened, Chris was thanking God that Charlie was alive and well! Irony at it's best. Still, we love him!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This made me laugh...a lot. :) Thanks for sharing. I look forward to meeting Charlie someday!
Post a Comment