Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Hope

A friend of mine sent me a link to a blog of a friend of hers that adopted recently. This is my hope, in terms of news, for the next year. Be prepared, I literally SOBBED when I read this.

http://codyandcarrie.blogspot.com/2010/10/woo-hooo.html

By the way, we have decided that we are going to adopt. We are going to start the process after the holidays. I am really excited/scared/anxious/impatient/happy. I woke up this morning after having a dream that we had brought home a baby. It was a beautiful little baby and Chris and I were so thrilled to finally have the desire of our hearts. We kept gazing at the baby and then looking at each other and saying "We have a baby!" At first, I woke up from that dream broken hearted that it was just a dream and it wasn't real. But after talking to my mom about it (Moms are always way smart), she reminded me that it was a hope for things to come. Someday, hopefully soon, we will be bringing home a baby and we will be absolutely elated about it, just as we were in my dream early this morning.

We covet your prayers as we venture into this unknown. Please pray that God would provide a young lady that would trust us to raise her child, that we would be prepared for God's timing for all of this, and that the finances would be provided. God knows, we don't. But one thing He has reminded me of in the last few weeks is that He has good things in store for His Children, no matter how tough the road is to get to that good thing.

"All of my life, in every season, You are still God and I have have reason to sing, I have reason to worship." Desert Song, Hillsong United

5 comments:

Katie said...

Emily! I am so excited to hear that you will be adopting and I can't wait to see how God blesses your life through this venture! Adopting is a brave thing to do and so so special! Your family will be in my prayers!

Natalie said...

Praying for you and Chris as you embark on this new adventure. Also praying for protection and grace for the birth mother and your future child!

Thad said...

Em, this is really exciting to hear (well, read, actually)! I hope you'll be blogging this process so as to know how to be praying for you and Chris! If you're interested, I have a friend whom lives in NM and they adopted a couple of children from here in the States. I can pass along a note on FB.

Thad

Mandy said...

Oh wow...I am going to read your link, Emilie, but I wanted to tell you that I am starting to cry reading yours. So happy for you, beautiful. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and exciting! The story of baby Julien is truly great. Being in healthcare, it makes me so mad how lightly some take the life of the unborn child. It is beautiful that God can give these innocent babies as gifts into loving arms...from unwanted to the most precious gift.
I am completely thrilled that you and Chris are going to be those loving arms...in time. :)