Saturday, September 19, 2009

A little of this, a little of that.

There are very fun and unique qualities about being a girl. For instance, as a girl you can compliment other girls with out looking like a creep. This is in fact my favorite part about being a girl (with lip stick and high heels a close second and third). I love to give genuine compliments to other girls. We have all heard the wise saying, "If you can't find something good to say, don't say anything at all." I am physically incapable of not saying anything at all, so I have made it my mission to find something good to say about a person, even if I have to scrounge for that something good. You know what I have come to find? There is always at least one good thing to discover and compliment in a person.

For this reason, I believe that I am at the best possible job in the world for myself. I get to compliment women all day long and help them find products to make them feel pretty (because whether we like it or not, we all feel good about our selves when our beauty products are working with us and not against us). If you can't tell, I still absolutely adore my job. It fills my tank!

With that said, I will now go on to some other fun things. I have revamped another piece of furniture! I wish I thought to take a before picture, but I'm not that together. As those of you who have seen my house know, I have been using a bar stool as my night stand for the past 3 years. I am not sure why I have done so for 3 years... I will have to file that under my "unsolved mysteries" mental file. However, to my credit, I have bugged Chris about buying me one for quite awhile now. For some reason we just never found the right one for the right price. I finally got desperate and decided to take matters into my own hands, literally, and one day I looked at this little book shelf and thought, "That would be a wonderful night stand." It was a little too short for our mammoth bed so I went to Home Depot and picked up some pre-made legs, drilled some holes (with Chris' help), bought two $3 paint samples and made that dinky book shelf into a very functional piece of furniture. My room now feels completely like an adult room with real adult furniture, no "make shift" going on. Here is a picture!


From the front.


From the side.


In the room. There is a definite "His and Hers" thing going on.

Oh, and we also got a great antique mirror from Good Will! I feel like it gives our living room exactly what it was missing...well, maybe a leather couch would be nice...and a flat screen T.V. too! :) Here is a picture of the great mirror. Pay no attention to the husband holding it up, although I enjoyed the view, I realized that it just wasn't functional/practical to have Chris hold it up all the time, so we nailed it up.


Cute, huh? I mean the mirror! ;)

The fur baby (thanks Tiff!) is doing well! We have taken to calling him "turd burglar" and "dirt bag" but we love him nonetheless. Good thing you can't irreversibly emotionally scar dogs. :)

No comments: