
If there is one word that I think describes me it would be curly (well, maybe fuzzy). I think Curly describes my personality to a tee. I am a spaz and curls are kind of spazzy. I also have curly hair. I like curls, I really like curls. I just have a hard time figuring out curls, I also have a hard time figuring out myself.
For instance, the perfect curly products are almost impossible to find! It's kind of a guessing game when you are standing in the hair product aisle at Walmart and you have no idea what to buy. Knowing that the last product you bought was a HUGE waist of money. "Should I get this one, or should I get that one?..."
This is how it went for me, not even a week ago. I was doing my hair in the morning and the gel bottle made the ominous farting sound, indicating that I was on my last leg of my hair gel. Dang. Okay, I could handle it, I was going to the store anyway, so I could pick up some product while I was there. We all know that Walmart is a Mad House (I talk about Walmart a lot in my blogs...), so I had to give myself some major prep. Starbucks. Iced Chai anyone?
As I was walking through the sliding glass doors of Wally World, I took a left and made my way to the "personal care" section. Low and behold, the aisle was packed! Everyone in Las Cruces decided to buy hair products. Isn't that so annoying? All of these people, with all of their carts, just sitting there reading labels like they are the only people in the world who need to buy hair product! I made a right and buzzed through the make-up area, then headed back toward to the aisle of doom. The crowd had dissipated enough for my skinny little body to fit in. I abandoned my cart (which is risky business at Walmart) and I began the hunt for a suitable hair gel. Okay, okay, I became one of the people sitting there reading labels...it takes one to know one. :) I kid you not, I was probably there for 20 minutes! I know, INSANITY!! I had finally picked out a gel (the same kind that was currently empty underneath my sink) and I spotted a bottle that I hadn't looked at yet. CurlySexyHair- I thought to myself , "I want curly sexy hair." And I snagged it (Mistake #1), totally disregarding the price of $15! When I had made the purchase, I immediately regretted it. What was I thinking? How was I going to explain this to Chris? Granted, it's just $15, but we have a pretty meticulous budget and he would HAVE to find that money somewhere. So I tried the hair gel out (Mistake #2) and I didn't like it. Dang. I kept using it for a few days (Mistake #3) and I still didn't like it, actually, I liked it less! So I returned it today and got all 15 of my dollars back. Moral of the story: don't buy a curly hair product just because the word "sexy" is in the name.
As if that was not enough, I need to get a hair cut too (cue the funeral dirge). It is SO hard finding a person who can cut curly hair. Bleh. Really, it's almost impossible to locate someone who doesn't mutilate your hair and condemn you to three months in a pony tail. There are a lot of hair stylist who SAY they can cut curly hair, but when they are done with me I know that I am going to have to break out my one and only baseball cap. So sad, right? I have an appointment with a guy named Oscar tomorrow, he is gay and apparently works wonders for those of us with curly quoffs. Erica got her hair cut by him and she really likes it, so I will take the plunge and see what he can do for me. It is going to require bravery, maybe even valor, because Chris' sister is getting married the beginning of June and I don't want to look like a spaz in the pictures.


2 comments:
Em, you're hilarious. I think you should have a newspaper column. And I think you have curly, sexy hair - even without the gel :)
OK. I thought you had a new hair product for me. Nope. Thanks for taking that one for the team! I got my hair cut this week, and I'm sure it will turn out to be a just fine cut, once my hair settles down. (Now, if only I could settle down, too)
Post a Comment