Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Tuesdays with Bryn and Jen
God has blessed me with some amazing friends over my short lifetime. He (God) always has the perfect friendship ready for me at the time that I need it the most. Two, in particular, took me by surprise but have proven to be a huge example of God's grace in my life. Those two ladies are Bryn and Jen! Both are so down to earth and easy to be with. Never do I feel that they have expectations of me. We have coffee every Tuesday morning at "our spot". During this time we laugh, cry, tell fun and embarrassing stories, share trials and difficulties, and give each other the freedom to just be who we were created to be. One of the things that I am most thankful for is that Bryn has two older children and Jen doesn't have any children. I know that sounds weird, but after trying for a baby for almost two years and coming up with nothing, being around new mothers and new babies can be quite painful. It is nice to talk about things other than breast feeding and a baby's sleeping habits. Don' t get me wrong, I love new mothers and new babies, but it is nice to have two wonderful friends who are not in that stage of life right now. It makes it easier for me to not feel like the Sesame Street song that says "One of these things in not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same". It is a liberating feeling, having two girl friends like these two women. I am thankful for them and I know Chris is too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment