Charlies morning was as normal as any morning. He woke up and realized that he really had to pee and let out a little yelp to let us know. Chris took him outside and Charlie did his usually routine: run around, stretch, pee twice, drop a deuce and then whine at the door until one of us lets him in. He might have known that something was a little fishy when we didn't feed him breakfast, but he seemed pretty happy just to run around and squeak his squeaker bone. He might have been tipped off if he had notice me putting his kennel in the car...he might have been suspicious when I opened the car door instead of continuing down the drive way on our normal walking routine. Nope, he was clueless... until, we got to the vet. We walked into the office and I greeted the ladies sitting behind the desk. We got the usual "What a beautiful dog. I have never seen a dog like him before." and I smiled and said thank you on Charlies behalf. All the while, Charlie was putting two and two together. In the few short seconds it took me to get to the front desk, Charlie already had a plan. As soon as I stopped, he hiked his leg up and peed on the receptionist desk! Right there, with me holding his leash! I was SO EMBARRASSED. What do you say when something like that happens? "I am so sorry my dog peed on your desk." That doesn't sound good enough to me. Oh my.
After my face turned to a normal shade of blush, I took a clip board with paper work over to the waiting room chairs. All the while trying to keep an eye on Charlies back leg and tell him "NO!" if he even looked like he was going to hike it up. In the split second I wasn't paying attention and trying to read all the paper work I was initialing and putting my signature on (for all I know, it could have been telling me that they were not liable for dogs turning purple after a procedure!), I hear the lady behind the desk say (in a very sing songy tone) "Oops! He just peed on your chair." Dang. Two pieces of furniture permanently marred by Charlie. Well, I guess he knew that it was his last shot and he might as well make it count. How embarrassing.
Charlie is home now, and he is a he/she and sporting a lovely cone around his head. Pretty hilarious. Here are a few pictures to make you laugh.

Charlie stood in that position for quite awhile after arriving home...poor guy.
As time passed, his head began drooping...poor guy.
I had to bring the bed to him...poor guy.
After he ate, he got a little energy and started playing with his squeaker bone again! Notice how the cone makes a very convenient squeaker carrier.He is almost back to his old self, minus the humping and peeing on everything. What a funny little dog. Poor guy.

1 comment:
That made me laugh so much! I'm so glad you got a dog with personality :)
Post a Comment